There is always a good reason or ten to be in New York City:
- Good morning!
3. The Park. Always the Park.
4. Bittersweet moment: one last dinner at Gramercy Tavern with Teri and Billy before they headed off to their new life in Austin. Note the beautiful engagement ring!
5. I spent a blissful morning browsing the Sargent Exhibit at The Met. “Sargent: Portraits of Artists and Friends” is a must-see. Yes, Madame X is included. Also the famed Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth. Hurry – it ends October 4.
6. These guys!
7. Daniel’s move: so glad I was there the weekend Daniel and Chris moved to Brooklyn Heights. Awesome view from their roof and they are just a few short blocks from the Promenade.
8. Dinners al fresco. Very easy to get reservations the week before Labor Day when everyone else is in the Hamptons.
9. Angie’s birthday! So glad I was there to take her to lunch at Cafe Boulud.
10. And, of course, Balthazar. Luckily, the boys were available for dinner the night before I headed home to California.
It was a great trip – I miss everyone and my favorite city already…